Crab Dip is one of the best hot appetizers, perfect for parties!
Crab meat is mixed with cream cheese, sour cream, and mayonnaise, then topped with melted cheddar and served hot and bubbling.
Enjoy this hot and hearty dip served from a crock pot to keep the party going for hours!
Hot Crab Dip Made Easy
- This crab dip is easy to prep and oven ready in minutes.
- It’s a great way stretch pricey crab meat to feed a crowd.
- For occasions that call for hearty appetizers, this hot or cold dip is just the ticket. It’s filling enough to keep partygoers happy and satisfied all day long!
- Serve along with other party favorites, like spinach artichoke dip or the ever-popular crack dip.
Ingredients for Crab Dip
Crab – Use fresh jumbo lump crab meat or frozen lump crab meat if possible. Canned crab meat is a close second. In a pinch or for a budget-friendly option, choose imitation crab meat, also known as surimi.
Cream Cheese – A block of full-fat cream cheese is mixed with sour cream for great flavor and to make the dip easy to scoop.
Seasoning – Old Bay seasoning is great with seafood including this crab dip. Spice it up more with your own favorite additions like a splash of hot sauce or a squeeze of lemon juice. You can use fresh garlic instead of garlic powder or stir in fresh herbs like tarragon, parsley, dill, or chives.
How to Make Crab Dip
This dip is so easy to prepare. Just mix and heat!
- Mix softened cream cheese with sour cream, mayonnaise, and seasonings with a hand blender until fluffy.
- Fold in the crab meat, onions, and half the cheddar.
- Transfer to a baking dish, top with the remainder of cheese, and bake until hot and bubbling.
- Serve with a selection of sturdy dippers.
Hot crab dip deserves the best dippers! Crostini or baguette slices rounds are ideal. Soft pretzels, tortilla chips, or pretzel bites are other favorites. Keep it low carb with celery, carrots, or other veggie dippers if you’d like.
Storing Crab Dip
Keep leftover dip for 3 days in the refrigerator. To reheat, top with fresh cheddar cheese and heat in the oven or microwave until bubbling. Freezing is not recommended.
Did you make this Cheesy Hot Crab Dip? Leave us a rating and a comment below!
Cheesy Hot Crab Dip
Hot and cheesy crab dip is one of the best hot appetizers, perfect for parties!
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, old bay seasoning, seasoned salt, and garlic powder. Mix with a hand mixer on medium speed until fluffy.
Gently fold in the green onions, crab meat, and half of the cheddar cheese.
Spread the crab mixture into a 1 to 1 ½ QT dish (8×8-inches). Top with remaining cheese and bake for 15-20 minutes or until melted and bubbly.
Serve with toasted baguette.
- Choose lump crab meat if possible. Canned or imitation crab can be used in place.
- Use a hand mixer to mix the cream cheese, this keeps the dip fluffy and easy to scoop.
- The cheese mixture can be replaced with a crumb topping if desired. Combine ½ cup Panko crumbs, 2 tablespoons melted butter, 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese and sprinkle overtop before baking.
Calories: 210 | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 621mg | Potassium: 139mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 597IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 161mg | Iron: 1mg
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.