Yesterday, at the IFA 2023 event, Belkin unveiled their Thunderbolt 4 5-in-1 Core Hub. This nifty gadget packs a punch with super-fast data transfer speeds and the ability to connect multiple devices to your laptop using just one Thunderbolt 4 cable.
With up to 40 Gbps of bandwidth, this Core Hub can be a game-changer for some people. It brings back the ports that newer laptops seem to have forgotten, providing four extra ports all from a single Thunderbolt connection. Whether you’re into photography, gaming, or just want a seamless work setup.
It’s Not Just About Ports
This Core Hub supports Power Delivery up to 96W. That means you can expand your connectivity and keep your laptop juiced up at the same time — Yup, no more tough choices between plugging in your peripherals and keeping your battery alive. Here’s a quick rundown of the specs:
- 1x Thunderbolt 4 port (upstream)
- 3x Thunderbolt 4 ports (downstream)
- 1x USB-A 3.2 Gen 2 port (10 Gbps)
- 96W Power Delivery
- 15W charging from each downstream port
- Supports single 8K or dual 4K monitors
- Comes with a 150W power supply unit and a Thunderbolt 4 cable (2.6 ft./0.8m)
- Compatible with Thunderbolt 4, Thunderbolt 3, USB4®, and USB-C devices
This hub supports smart charging, daisy-chaining up to 6 Thunderbolt devices, and protecting your gear with overcurrent protection. Also, it’s backed by a 2-year limited warranty so, if you’re looking to level up your laptop setup, the Thunderbolt 4 5-in-1 Core Hub from Belkin is definitely worth checking out.
Availability and Price
The Thunderbolt 4 5-in-1 Core Hub is available on Belkin’s website for $199.99.